The backbone of Nano Studio is the Nanoformulation Laboratory, which deals with the challenges of nanotechnology and focuses on the further development of former nanonization procedures of major importance. The Nano Studio is responsible for the maintenance of the SpeedyNanoTM platform, which is directly or indirectly utilized by other network members for creating new services or products.
The SpeedyNanoTM patented nanoformulation technology originates from the discovery of a novel type of supramolecular nanostructure in 2006. The platform provides continuous microfluidic processes and devices for the synthesis of nanoparticles of active ingredients. The unique platform technology combined with an artificial intelligence supported prediction- and experimental design enables the fine tuning of the physicochemical and bioactivity properties of the nanoparticles. SpeedyNanoTM nanoparticles show significantly improved performance compared to conventional nanoparticles, such as much smaller particle size (10-100 nm range), significantly increased surface area, 10-10 000 fold higher water solubility, vastly improved biological activity and significantly enhanced cuticle/skin penetration.
The main application areas of the SpeedyNanoTM nanotechnology platform are nutraceuticals, food additives, energy, and fracking additives.
Some relevant publications:
- Darvas, F., Hessel, V., Dormán, Gy. (2014) Flow Chemistry: Fundamentals, Vol.1&2, De Gruyter, Berlin, Germany
- Darvas, F., Industrial Technologies 2014 conference on nanotechnologies, biotechnology, advanced materials and new production technologies, Athens, Greece
- Darvas, F., Frontier Industrial Forum. Oct. 24-25, 2013. Quingdao, China
- Darvas, F., Flow Chemistry India Conference. Jan. 23-24, 2014. Hyderabad. India
- Darvas, F., Flow Chemistry India Conference. Jan. 21-22, 2016. Mumbai. India
“Instrument and process for nanoparticles production in continuous flow mode”
(Hungary: P08-00281, PCT: PCT6HU2009/000040, EP: 09738445.7, Japan: 2011-506785, USA: 12/990,195, Hong Kong: 11108402.2, Israel: 208984, Singapore: 201007985-9, Australia: 2009241682, Russia: 2010146796, Ukraine: A201014240, China: 200980124532.3, India: 7525/CHENP/2010)